Click below to shop amazon and support my blog. Thank you!

Thursday, March 14, 2013

St. Patrick's Day Fun

With St. Patrick's Day coming up I thought I'd share some creative ways we're planning to celebrate.

For breakfast we'll be having Lucky Charms cereal with green milk, like THIS:


We will also be doing a treasure hunt like THIS one:


You can check out some others HERE and HERE.

I'll also be making THIS cute treat to put in the kids lunches on Friday.  It will be a nice surprise for them when they open their lunch boxes.


I'll be cutting the rainbow colored Twizzlers in half since that's a lot of candy to eat and I want to make sure they have time to eat the healthy part of their lunch too.

And I'll be trying to do THIS with Sweetie Pie's hair.  I made the hearts for Valentine's Day, and this just looks like three hearts, so I'm thinking I can do it.


As far as a snack, I'm thinking of making THIS fruit platter:


And for dessert, I'll have the kids help decorate their own cupcakes like THIS


Let's not forget something to drink.  Plucky has a recipe for a homemade version of McDonald's Shamrock Shakes that we might try.


And how cute would it be to drink with straws like THESE



Oh, and what about wearing green?
Here are shirts for the kids to wear:


And a more subtle green look for me.  I actually wore this last week with a pair of jeans.
It's a dark green cardigan with a dark green shirt underneath and a jade necklace (that's really from Ireland).


There are so many fun ways to celebrate.  What will you be doing?


Happy St. Patrick's Day!
-Christa