Click below to shop amazon and support my blog. Thank you!

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Wheely Good Yard Sale Bargains

OK, I couldn't resist that cheesy title.  2 wheels, 3 wheels and 4 wheels are what I've got on the blog today.

Over the weekend, there were quite a few neighborhood yards sales and I was able to pick up a few things I had been looking for.  But first, let me tell you what we didn't get.

The Spencinator really wanted this two seater bike.  He even mustered up enough courage to ask how much it was.  The seller said it was $12.  The Spencinator looked over at me and said he has $12 at home, so he could pay me back if I bought it.  Then the sellers started with their sales pitch, letting him know just how much work it needed, all that rust, it needs new tires, blah, blah, blah.  I thanked them for helping me.  The Spencinator was not deterred, he still wanted it.  He was dreaming about how great it would be for him and his sister to ride together in the neighborhood.  I did what I always do when he doesn't listen to me.... refer him to Dad.  Dad wasn't there so I said let's take a picture of it and ask Dad about it when he gets home.  The Spencinator was satisfied with this and we were able to leave without and meltdowns.  Later that night when Dad got home, we showed him the picture and of course, he didn't think it was a good idea.  So lucky for us, we are not the proud owners of this rusty old bike.



But we did pick up a set of wheels for the Babes.  A Dora (she's obsessed with Dora) 3 wheeled scooter for just $1.  Now she can ride with the big kids, and because it has 3 wheels, she won't fall over.   Here she is trying it out in the house.  She couldn't wait to ride it.  She held onto it the whole way home and kept asking if she could ride it.



The Babes also got a new doll stroller for $1.  This one was a double and an upgrade from our current stroller which has a wheel that keeps falling off.  I took off the fabric and washed it, scrubbed down the metal frame and put it all back together before I let the Babes play with it.


The handle is even taller than our old stroller so it'll be easier to push when she's taller.

Even though it's a double stroller, it actually takes up less room than our old stroller.

The Babes couldn't wait to get her dolls tucked inside, she didn't even bother to dress them.

And she's off for a stroll.

She looks pretty determined to get to where she's going.

Although it looks like she needs to work on her steering.

And what does the Babes do to keep herself occupied while driving around from yard sale to yard sale?
Why she velcros her shoes together and makes silly faces:

<


Do you take your kids to yard sales with you?  How do they keep themselves occupied?

Thanks for stopping by,
Christa