Click below to shop amazon and support my blog. Thank you!

Thursday, December 5, 2013

Easy Advent Calendar

Christmas time can get real busy real quick and this year is no exception for us.  Not only are we still doing our advent calendar but we've also added the Elf on the Shelf into our Christmas traditions.  You can read all about that HERE.  We are using the same advent calendar we received in 2010 thanks to my mother in law.  She gave us a mini muffin tin with magnetic numbers to cover up each hole.


 I have it set up in the kitchen and each morning, or right after school (depending on how busy we are) the kids take off that day's number and read the little slip of paper inside.  I add the paper each day, pretty much making up activities as I go along.  Most are easy like "Mom reads a Christmas book while you sip hot cocoa".  Some just say what we are already planning to do that day, like "attend the church Christmas party".  And some days there will be a treat such as a small toy or something sweet to eat.


And if this wasn't enough, we've also been doing a scripture chain.  More about that tomorrow.

Do you have an advent calendar?  There are so many cute ideas on Pinterest and some of them can get pretty elaborate.  So even while this is yet another thing to do each day this Christmas season, I am still trying to keep it pretty simple.  Most of the advent activities are simply spending quality time with my kids which you can never get too much of.



I would love for you to follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, and Pinterest.