Click below to shop amazon and support my blog. Thank you!

Monday, April 28, 2014

Displaying Kid's Art

I recently acquired a one of a kind masterpiece which I have hanging up in my dining room.
It's an original painting by a young, up and coming artist.

"The Earth"
by the Babes, age 3.5


She painted this the other day and I just loved the colors she used.  They look so good against the dark plum walls in our dining room.  I taped it to the wall until I could find a frame for it.


Searching among my unused frames in the basement I ran across this one that just happened to be the exact size I needed.  Remember how that happened with a piece of Sweetie Pie's art I now have hanging in the kitchen?  No?  Well, check out THIS post from last year to read all about it.


The only thing I needed to do was to paint the frame.  I thought white would look great against the dark walls, really making the bright colors pop.  Also it would tie into the white wainscoting on the bottom of the walls.


How do you display your kid's artwork?


Subscribe to CONTROLLING Craziness and get my blog updates via email.   Don't miss anymore posts, click HERE to get email updates.

And don't forget to follow me on FacebookTwitterGoogle+, and Pinterest.