Click below to shop amazon and support my blog. Thank you!

Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Gamer Birthday Party


The week before Christmas we celebrated my son's 14th birthday by having a video game themed party.  This was another easy birthday party for me to plan and execute which is just what I needed during the busy holiday season.  Click HERE to see the other parties I've planned in the past. 

I got a few ideas off Pinterest HERE, HERE and HERE.  I came up with these invitations and goodie bag toppers.



While away on a business trip, my husband picked up these cute R2D2 cupcake holders.  You can find them on amazon.com HERE.



I thought it would be easy enough to make some R2D2 cupcakes - I should have know better.
I filled up the silicone molds but the cakes overflowed in the oven.


It only went downhill from there as I tried to compensate for the lack of a domed top by adding a bunch of icing.  And then I did a very poor imitation of R2D2 with the blue icing.  Yeah, add this one to my birthday cake fails.  Luckily my kids never seem to mind, although it would be nice to get it right one of these days.


As for the activities, well, I just let the boys play video games and they loved it.


And here's the birthday boy.  The big milestone this year is that he has officially reached 6 ft.



Anyone else host a video game party.  Did you find it as easy to plan as I did.  Planning the activities is always the most stressful part for me and this one was super easy.  We might have to do this again next year.


Subscribe to CONTROLLING Craziness and get my blog updates via email.   Don't miss anymore posts, click HERE to get email updates.


And don't forget to follow me on FacebookTwitterGoogle+, and Pinterest.