Click below to shop amazon and support my blog. Thank you!

Tuesday, October 3, 2017

Rainbow Unicorn Parfait


Last month my daughter turned 7 and while she didn't pick out a theme for her birthday, like she has in previous years, she did make it known that she wanted a unicorn pinata.  So of course I went with a colorful unicorn theme for her birthday and her party.  I've already posted about how I made her a Unicorn Gift Bag, and now I'm back with a rainbow unicorn parfait that I made for her after school birthday snack.  I got the basic idea from HERE while searching for unicorn treats.


I used a large container of whipped cream, divided it into three bowls and used food coloring to dye it pink, blue and purple.  I crushed some Nilla Wafers and also used mini marshmallows and purple sprinkles for the topping. 


Using clear cups, so the kids could see the rainbow parfait layers, I started with the purple whipped cream followed by crushed Nilla wafers, then pink whipped cream and more Nilla wafers.


Then I added blue whipped cream, and more crushed Nilla wafers followed by purple whipped cream.  I topped it all off with the purple sprinkles and marshmallows.


My daughter was super excited to see such a yummy treat for her after school snack.  


And speaking of school, they really went all out for her birthday.  Not only did she get a crown, a sticker and a special pencil, her class made her a birthday book.


She told her classmates what she wanted for her birthday and they all made sure to include it in their birthday wishes.




FYI:  She did not get a dog, hermit crab, or a computer, I'm sure they'll be on her Christmas list.  Luckily she didn't even care because she had that unicorn pinata.  Check back later this week for a post about her party and the sad demise of the pinata.



Subscribe to CONTROLLING Craziness and get my blog updates via email.   Don't miss anymore posts, click HERE to get email updates.