Click below to shop amazon and support my blog. Thank you!

Monday, November 13, 2017

JOY Christmas Decoration

It's not often that I can complete a project in less than an hour.  Usually I try to get things done in the middle of the day with kids trying to "help" or during a too short nap time.  But last week my oldest son and husband had a church activity to go to so I took the other three kids out to dinner.  Nothing fancy of course, but it was near Hobby Lobby.  I figured with full stomachs, they would be oh so good and I could do a little shopping.  Boy was I wrong.  However, I wasn't going to let a toddler meltdown slow me down.  I managed to get what I came for and didn't waste time looking for much else (I'll have to save that for another trip without kids).  So after I got home and put our cranky boy to bed, I got busy making this:


I have seen similar ideas on Pinterest HERE and HERE.  And have been wanting to make this for a few years.  It was so easy, I don't know why I didn't do it sooner.  

I got lucky and found the bells at a thrift store.  They were part of a door decoration and it was only $1.99 so I had to get it.  I figured if I didn't like the colors, I could spray paint them.


I bought letters in two different sizes


And Mod Podged some scrapbook paper onto them in the colors I wanted.


I sanded the edges to give it a more finished look.  Here you can see the sanded letter on the left and the un-sanded one on the right.


And here is the light blue themed "JOY".  I used the larger letters for this because the bell has the large embellishment on it.


And here are the smaller, red letters with the glittery silver bell.  This one I'm keeping for myself since it matches my decor.  I'll be giving the blue one away to someone who has a blue themed Christmas tree.  Eventually I'll to put a ribbon on the silver bell, but for now I'm calling this project done.  



Subscribe to CONTROLLING Craziness and get my blog updates via email.   Don't miss anymore posts, click HERE to get email updates.