Click below to shop amazon and support my blog. Thank you!

Wednesday, March 20, 2019

Caulk for a Smooth Finish

The other day I did a little project that makes a big difference in how 'finished' a room looks.  The caulk between the baseboard and shoe molding in our laundry room was cracking and separating.  It didn't look pretty.  Luckily we had some caulk on hand from a recent home repair, so I quickly fixed it.  

The picture below shows how the shoe molding is separating from the baseboard.  


Here's a better view so you can really see how the caulk is split and dust is getting trapped in there.  That was after I vacuumed it.  


Before I caulked, I made sure to prep the area by not only vacuuming up any dust but also wiping the baseboard and molding to get rid of any more dust and dirt hiding in there.  


After applying the caulk at a 45° angle, I used a wet finger to smooth it in.


In the photo above you can see to the right of my hand, the caulk that has been smoothed compared to the freshly laid caulk on the left.


And here's another close up.  A much more polished look.  


What a difference. 


I didn't want to stop there.  I checked the bathrooms and did some more caulking.  The kids bathroom looked like the shoe molding was never caulked to the baseboard.  So I caulked that too.


I'm on a roll.  Maybe I'll get some other little projects done soon too.  The little projects are the best since they don't take up too much time.  But those are also the ones I tend to procrastinate on.  Anyone else getting spring fever and starting some spring cleaning / home repair?





Subscribe to CONTROLLING Craziness and get my blog updates via email.   Don't miss anymore posts, click HERE to get email updates.

And don't forget to follow me on FacebookTwitterGoogle+, and Pinterest.