Click below to shop amazon and support my blog. Thank you!

Thursday, November 24, 2011

A Day of Thanks

Today is Thanksgiving and I'll be taking a break from blogging for a few days. Like most of you, I'll be spending time with family and friends, and doing lots of eating. Just wanted to share with you what I'm most thankful for:

1.  MY FAMILY, the family that raised me and the family I am raising.  I am thankful to have parents who are still married and have instilled such great values in their children.  I am thankful for their willingness to help out and be there for us in the good times and the sad times.  I am thankful to have most of my extended family close by and to share holidays and other special occasions with them.  I am thankful to have found a great guy and that he wanted to marry me too.  I am extremely thankful to have three healthy, beautiful and smart children.  I am thankful for my husband's education and hard work which make it possible for me to stay home with our children.  I am thankful for my in-laws.  They have loved me and made me feel like part of their family since day one.   I am thankful that we have so many people who love us and support us.



2.  MY FAITH.  You can find out more about my beliefs here.  I am grateful for the meaning and purpose it brings to my life and how it makes me want to be a better person.  I am thankful for a loving Heavenly Father who personally knows me, my trials, my struggles and who blesses me daily and loves me unconditionally.  I am thankful for my knowledge that families can be together forever.  I am eternally grateful for my Savior, Jesus Christ who loves me so much that he atoned and sacrificed His life so I can return to Him someday.

Other things I am thankful for are:
my friends who make me laugh and comfort me,
my country where I enjoy many freedoms,
medical advances,
technology that makes communicating with long distance friends and family easier,
electricity (didn't know how much I appreciated it until we were without power for several days this fall)...
...this list could go on and on.  I realize I am so very blessed and have so much to be thankful for.  I am grateful for this day of Thanksgiving to reflect on what we have and to share our abundance with others.

Next week I hope to finally be done a project I started a few days ago. I need to spray paint a few things and just haven't done that yet because of the rain. So hopefully I can get that done over the weekend.

Happy Thanksgiving!