Click below to shop amazon and support my blog. Thank you!

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

The Improved Reading Corner

In my last post about how I DIY-ed a Littlest Pet Shop House for Sweetie Pie, I gave you a sneak peak of the new and improved reading corner in her room:

Here is what that reading corner looked like before:
 It had a bookcase for all her books, plus another Ikea trofast toy storage unit for her toys.  It was crowded and didn't have a cozy place for her to read.

The first thing I did was to move the Ikea trofast unit into the Babes' room.  That freed up some space for a spot to read.
We had a child sized version of the Ikea poang chair in our living room, so I brought that into Sweetie Pie's room.
I just put a pink blanket on top of the original Ikea cover so it would match her room (and hide any spots).  

 I had also found this cool bright pink storage ottoman at a yard sale for $4.  Another seating option, or she can prop up her feet, and I love the extra storage.  Can never have too much storage.

 I made this little pillow from a fleece vest she had out grown.  I just used an envelope type pillowcase tutorial (can't remember where I found it online).

And of course you've already seen the LPS house hanging up next to it.  It's such a cute and cozy space now.

Oh, and remember the framed book covers?  I had one on the wall and one on top of the bookcase.

We decided to put her CD player on top of the bookcase so I hung up the other framed book cover.


I love this little spot in her room.  What do you think?


And no, I'm not done with her room yet.  There will be a few more decorating changes to come.