Click below to shop amazon and support my blog. Thank you!

Friday, June 7, 2013

Father's Day Gift Ideas

For printables, quotes and photo/card ideas, check out my earlier post HERE.
For food related gift ideas and cute quotes to go with them, check out my previous post HERE.

If your kids are still in school and you're in need of some teacher gift ideas, check out my posts HERE and HERE; and HERE for some last day of school / welcome to summer party ideas.

Father's Day is just over a week away.  I think it's hard to buy a guy something that he really likes because we as women don't like the same thing.  Maybe this isn't the case for you, but it is for me.  My husband likes tools, cars, watches, and various outdoor/sports things.  Going into such stores or shopping online makes me feel overwhelmed.  There are so many types of wrenches what one should I buy?  Or what about golf clubs, how do I know which one would fit him best?  Those kinds of gifts would be easier for him to buy himself.. But instead of taking the easy way out and telling him to just buy such and such himself, I sometimes ask, "if you were to buy a new wrench, what kind would it be?"  He'll take the time to research it online and give me the exact make and model so I can buy it later when he's not around.   If you do this throughout the year and keep a list of what he wants, he'll never know you are doing this for the upcoming holiday.

Sometimes buying a specific gift my husband wants is no fun, I mean, where's the creativity in that?  So I've compiled a list of clever gift ideas that you (or the kids) could make.  I think most dads would be happy to have these meaningful handmade gifts too.

1.  Lego Cuff Links these look so cute and easy to make.
2.  Daddy's car wash kit is just a bucket filled with car washing supplies.  This could be done with other themes such as movies, golf, grilling....
3.  Embroider child's artwork onto a hankie for dad or grandpa
4.  Shrinky Dink Tie Tack  Using a Shrinky Dink kit, you can turn photos into tie tacks or key chains.

Click on the links above to go to the original source if you'd like to pin any of these great ideas.

For some more gift ideas, check out 100 handmade gifts for dad HERE, and 32 more homemade gift ideas HERE.

I'm still working on my gifts.  I hope to get them done soon and I'll be sure to share them with you.

Thanks for stopping by,
Christa