Click below to shop amazon and support my blog. Thank you!

Monday, July 8, 2013

Tic Tac Toe

We've been busy this summer with chores, school work and of course fun, fun and more fun.  You can check out my summer schedule HERE and how I get my kids to do chores HERE.

One fun activity we did was to make a ladybug and bumble bee tic tac toe game.




Thanks to the Spencinator who's always bringing home rocks,  we have a nice rock collection in one of our front flower beds.  I just looked there to find 10 smooth oval rocks.  Below is a sampling of what we used.


From there it was painting time.  I let Sweetie Pie do it all.  She loves to paint and had a great time doing this project. Since the Babes wanted to help too, we let her paint her own rocks.


5 rocks were painted yellow and the other 5 red.


Then she used black to embellish them to look like bumble bees and ladybugs.  She also used white to add eyes to the ladybugs.


I thought about getting a stepping stone or stump to create the tic tac toe board but haven't done that yet, so we just made a board out of chalk.


Of course, I didn't think of this idea on my own.  Thanks to Pinterest, I was able to find several versions  including THIS one.

For another fun summer boredom buster ideas, click HERE.


I've got even more summer fun ideas coming up later this week and next so stay tuned.

Thanks for stopping by,
Christa

linking up to:  http://www.flusterbuster.com