Click below to shop amazon and support my blog. Thank you!

Friday, June 20, 2014

How to Clean Pen and Colored Pencil off Walls

The other day, I put The Babes down for a nap.  To my surprise, she didn't try to escape.  That should have been my first clue.  And she was very quite.  That should have been my second clue.  However, I had the two older kids to deal with and didn't think much of The Babes going down for a nap unusually well.

She woke up from her nap and came out of her room.  Later in the day her brother went into her room and noticed the 'artwork'.  I couldn't believe it.  She wrote on the wall above her bed, another wall, and the door - with a blue pen and a blue colored pencil!  My first thought was to clean it with a Magic Eraser.  But, we didn't have any.  And I wanted to clean it up ASAP.  


So I quickly searched online for how to clean pen off walls and found several articles that said you can use toothpaste.  I used white Colgate toothpaste and a damp rag and it did the trick.  

Here are my results.  I think she was trying to spell her name here:

And this looks like some sort of underwater creature to me, what do you think?

Anyone else have success getting 'artwork' off walls?  What did you use?
For another cleaning tip, check out my earlier post about a Homemade Carpet Cleaner that really works.




I would love for you to follow me on FacebookTwitterGoogle+, and Pinterest.