Click below to shop amazon and support my blog. Thank you!

Thursday, July 24, 2014

Orange You Glad It's Summer

I forgot to blog about this cute teacher gift the we gave to my son's fifth grade teacher at the end of the school year.  As with a lot of my ideas, they come from Pinterest.  This was no exception.  The original idea can be found HERE over at eighteen25.


Instead of using candies, I put some oranges inside the bag.  There are all kinds of cutesy teacher gifts, but since the Spencinator had a male teacher this year, I wanted to do something more practical.   

You can check out what the kids gave to their teachers last year in THIS post and THIS post.

Another cute idea would be to make these "Orange You Glad It's Summer" bags for the kids to celebrate the last day of school.  You could fill them with various orange colored items like gum, bubbles, chapstick, nail polish, sunglasses, a pool toy and some other fun summer stuff.

I can't believe summer vacation is half over.  We don't have any grand vacation plans so we're just having fun around the house.  This week the two older kids have been at Horse Camp and loved it.  Sweetie Pie who is now out of the princess phase and is loving horses is in heaven at this camp.  She has realized that just because we can't have a horse in our yard doesn't mean we can't have a horse, we can board it at the place where they have camp.  As for the Spencinator, animals seem to have a calming effect on him, so he loves it and would love to just pet and brush and feed the horses all day.


 


I would love for you to follow me on FacebookTwitterGoogle+, and Pinterest.