Click below to shop amazon and support my blog. Thank you!

Monday, March 9, 2015

Not Lucky.... Blessed

I saw THIS on Pinterest the other day and thought it would make a cute St. Patrick's Day sign to go on my mantel.  I wanted some horseshoes for my girls horse themed bedroom and since they came in packs of 4, I used one to make this cute "Not Lucky... Blessed" sign.


To make this sign, I used some scrap wood we had laying around and cut it to the size I wanted which wasn't quite a square.  I painted it with three different shades of green with the help of my 4 year old.  Then I distressed it, decided I didn't like it and painted it again.


Then I added the white vinyl lettering, Mod Podged over that to keep the letters on, and nailed on the horseshoe.


Here it is displayed on the mantel in the living room.  It's perfect for St. Patrick's Day (or any time really).  I'm doing some St. Patrick's Day art projects with the girls so we'll have more to display soon.



Subscribe to CONTROLLING Craziness and get my blog updates via email.   Don't miss anymore posts, click HERE to get email updates.

And don't forget to follow me on FacebookTwitterGoogle+, and Pinterest.