Click below to shop amazon and support my blog. Thank you!

Wednesday, January 6, 2016

DIY Pregnancy Ornament


Hope everyone enjoyed the holidays.  We loved being able to sleep in and getting to spend time together as a family.  We were also able to visit with extended family for Christmas and party with friends for New Years.  We've transitioned back to school and work better than I expected (meaning there wasn't much complaining).  

I'm back to share a few more DIY Christmas ornaments that I made right before Christmas.  I prefer to think that I do my best work under pressure, not that I procrastinate.  This one I made for my sister and her husband who are expecting their first child this summer.


I found a pregnancy silhouette design that I like online and cut it out using my Silhouette machine.  I applied the vinyl to a glass ornament that I had poured silver paint into.  To find out how I painted the ornaments, check out THIS post.  I'm not sure how to apply vinyl to a rounded object without it bubbling up.  You can see a bubble on the guy's shoulder and the lady's wrist.  I worried that this bubbling might make the vinyl fall off eventually so I fixed it by cutting the vinyl so it would lay flat.  The second picture shows it laying flat.  It looks wrinkled but that's just where the vinyl overlapped.  It lays flat and I'm not worried about it falling off.


I was planning to add vinyl that said "Parents to be" next to the silhouette, but my silhouette image was so large, I didn't have room.  I added the words to an ornament box so they'd know which ornament goes in that box, plus it made for a nicer presentation of the gift.


Next year I'll have to make an ornament for my new niece.  Maybe I'll do a pink ornament with her name or initials on it.  And since she'll be born over the summer, I'll have plenty of time to make it.  Ah, who am I kidding, I'll still procrastinate.



Subscribe to CONTROLLING Craziness and get my blog updates via email.   Don't miss anymore posts, click HERE to get email updates.


And don't forget to follow me on FacebookTwitterGoogle+, and Pinterest.