Click below to shop amazon and support my blog. Thank you!

Thursday, June 30, 2016

Wooden Star Blocks


Last week I made these cute wooden STAR BLOCKS as some 4th of July decor.  
I got the original idea HERE, and changed it up just a little bit.
It was easy to make and looks cute sitting on the mantle.

I used a scrap 2x4 that I cut into 3 square blocks.  The girls helped me with the project so it went by pretty quickly.


While the girls painted....


this little guy played in the water table and happily stayed out of our way.


The white block is more of a silvery color and took more coats than the red and blue blocks.  Once they were dry, we added some stripes (using painters tape) and dots (using the end of a paintbrush).


We also painted stars in the same red, white and blue colors.  The stars were from Michael's and only .29¢


I used a sander to distress the edges of the blocks a bit, then I super glued the stars to the blocks.
  

I didn't bother painting the sides of the stars.  I thought having the wood show through would give it a little added dimension.



I made some wooden firecrackers to match the star blocks.  Be sure to stop back tomorrow when I'll be sharing that idea.



Subscribe to CONTROLLING Craziness and get my blog updates via email.   Don't miss anymore posts, click HERE to get email updates.


And don't forget to follow me on FacebookTwitterGoogle+, and Pinterest.