Click below to shop amazon and support my blog. Thank you!

Friday, July 1, 2016

Wooden Firecrackers

I'm back today with another 4th of July decor DIY.  This time I made some WOODEN FIRECRACKERS.  I combined this idea and this idea that I saw on Pinterest. 
I cut my wood to length.  I didn't measure.  Just cut a 2x4 in half length-wise and then made each piece shorter than the first.  Then I painted them to coordinate with the wooden star blocks I showed you yesterday.  I also sanded the edges to give it a distressed/rustic look.


I used some twine and a metal hanger to add some details.  I cut off a few inches of the hanger and had my son twist it into to a curly Q.  


Then I drilled some holes in the top of each block and stuck in the metal curly Q.


Isn't that just so cute?


I love how these turned out.



And the fact that they match the star blocks I made, makes me like them even more.  Click HERE to find out how to make the star blocks.




Subscribe to CONTROLLING Craziness and get my blog updates via email.   Don't miss anymore posts, click HERE to get email updates.


And don't forget to follow me on FacebookTwitterGoogle+, and Pinterest.