Click below to shop amazon and support my blog. Thank you!

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

A Jumping Good Bargain

Last week I bought a trampoline.  It's one of those mini trampolines and it has a handle.  I have been looking for this type of trampoline for several months and finally found a good deal on one.


I wanted something that the Spencinator could use to get out some of his energy.  He likes to bounce so a trampoline seemed like a good idea.  I did not want a large one for the yard since he couldn't use that year round.  I also wanted one with a handle so he'd be more likely to stay on the trampoline rather than use it as a launching pad.  They make mini trampolines for kids with the handle, but they are only rated up to age 7 and 70 pounds.  The Spencinator is too big for that, plus I wanted something that he couldn't break.  So an adult exercise trampoline is what I had my mind set on buying.


I've checked garage sales last summer and Craigslist several times a week.  I've had no luck finding one at a garage sale, but did see several mini trampolines for sale on Craigslist.  Most were used and not in the greatest shape, the protective cover over the springs was torn.  And still they were asking $10-$50.  A few were new and probably a better name brand since they were selling for close to $100. 

I got mine at a discount grocery store called Aldi.  It was the last one they had and on clearance for $34.99!  I had never been in Aldi before so I had no idea I was going to come out with a trampoline.  I was just taking the Babes to a play date and didn't want to be too early so I decided to stop in to see what they had.  I was so happy to finally get this trampoline that I had been searching for and at such a great price.  I just love finding a bargain!

I put it together the next day while the older kids were at school.  Here is the Babes inspecting it to make sure it is nice and sturdy.


I set it up in the foyer so the kids would see it as soon as they got home from school.   They loved it and had a great time bouncing and jumping.  



Well, it couldn't stay in the foyer forever, so that night I moved it up to our master bedroom sitting area.  That way the kids don't fight over whose room it is in, and who knows, maybe I'll get some exercise in too.


Anyone else find a good bargain lately?