Click below to shop amazon and support my blog. Thank you!

Friday, May 18, 2012

Inspiration For The Weekend - 19 (Herringbone Art)

This week's inspiration come from this Herringbone Art:

source
I've seen this print on Pinterest and love the design and pattern of it.  A DIY version in your own home would be a totally custom look that could incorporate your room's colors to tie everything together.  You know how I like things to match and coordinate, so I started looking for some DIY versions to give me some ideas.  Here is what I found:

 Sam from The Junk House was also inspired by the above artwork and got to work making her own out of scrapbook paper cut into 3" by 1/2" strips.  
  Amanda from Our Humble Abowed make this herringbone art from her kid's watercolor paintings. 

Becky from DIY Newbies used salt to create a neat effect in her herringbone art.

Ashley from Design Build Love didn't do a piece of artwork for her wall, she did her whole laundry room wall in the herringbone design. 

OK, who's going to make some herringbone art this weekend?