Click below to shop amazon and support my blog. Thank you!

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Welcome to Summer!

Today is the last day of school!

I made these banners for the kids to burst through as they enter the house.

In case it's not obvious, the top one is for the Spencinator and the one below is for Sweetie Pie.  I made them each their own so they wouldn't have to fight over who burst through it first - trying to start the summer on a good note.

I got the idea from HERE

I'll have the Phineas and Ferb theme music playing.  In case you are not familiar with the cartoon theme song, here is a link to the YouTube version and below are the lyrics.


"There's 104 days of summer vacation
And school comes along just to end it
So the annual problem for our generation
Is finding a good way to spend it

Like maybe...
Building a rocket
Or fighting a mummy
Or climbing up the Eiffel Tower

Discovering something that doesn't exist
Or giving a monkey a shower
Surfing tidal waves
Creating nanobots
Or locating Frankenstein's brain

Finding a dodo bird
Painting a continent
Or driving your sister insane

As you can see
There's a whole lot of stuff to do
Before school starts this fall

So stick with us 'cause Phineas and Ferb are
Gonna do it all! ""



Technically my kids have 81 days of summer vacation.
I have lots of fun things planned (and some education and cleaning/organization things too, but don't tell the kids) so keep checking in on us to find out what we're up to.
And be sure to check back tomorrow to see everything I did to Welcome Summer.