Click below to shop amazon and support my blog. Thank you!

Monday, August 27, 2012

Back to School

Today is the first day of school!  Is that some sort of holiday for moms across the country?

I took a break from blogging last week.  Not intentionally, but just didn't find the time or feel like doing it after being away from the blog for a couple of weeks when we were on vacation.  It was hard to wake up before the kids to find time to blog.  Luckily we got back on Eastern Standard Time before school started.  In fact, the Spencinator was so excited for school to start he literally came bouncing into my room at 6:20AM this morning.

Here are pictures of the kids from the first day of school this year and last year for comparison.  The Spencinator grew 5 inches!


I used PicMonkey to edit my pictures. I had never used it before and found it to be very easy.

I still need to post about our vacation like I said I would, so hopefully I'll get to that this week.  
As for today, I need to enjoy the peace and quite.  And maybe take a nap with the Babes later on.
Oh, and I'll be making a special treat for when the kids get home from school - it's so yummy and not even chocolate.  I'll share that tomorrow.

In case you're wondering how the Babes is handling having the big kids gone, she's consoling herself with food.  She's been sneaking into the fridge and getting things to eat like yogurt and carrots.  At least it's healthy.

So how do you celebrate the first day of school?