Click below to shop amazon and support my blog. Thank you!

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Storing Umbrellas

We have been storing our umbrellas in our garage, right next to the door that leads outside, which also happens to be right next to our bucket of sidewalk chalk.


I mention the sidewalk chalk, because the other day the Babes found the chalk and drew a beautiful picture right on my garage floor.



I told her to draw outside, and she did, just barely outside the garage door

That sidewalk chalk got me to thinking about the umbrellas.  They looked like a mess just piled up in the corner.  At a yardsale earlier this summer, I got this bright and cheery yellow bucket for .50 cents.  I didn't know what to do with it so it's just been sitting in the house waiting to be put to use.  Then it came to me.  It would be perfect to hold umbrellas. 

The bright yellow looks great next to the bright red tool box.  I like how it cheers up the garage.

 I also put the sidewalk chalk bucket back.  I think I need a more colorful chalk storage container now.

I am also thinking of adding a shelf or two on that wall to house the sidewalk chalk so the Babes can't get into it so easily and to make things look less cluttered.

What do you think?  Do you think a shelf would be too much on that wall underneath the light switch, or maybe above it?  I don't want the shelf to be in the way of using the light switch.  And of course I'll have to paint it a bright color to go with the cheery yellow umbrella bucket.  I'll keep you posted.

So how do you store your umbrellas?

Thanks for stopping by,
Christa