Click below to shop amazon and support my blog. Thank you!

Friday, December 7, 2012

Inspiration For The Weekend - 47 (stocking display)

So how do you hang your stockings?  By the chimney with care?

Last year we hung our stockings on the stairs.

But this year since we have a taller tree, you wouldn't be able to see them.


So I decided to hang them on the mantel.


Luckily we have just enough stocking hangers for our stockings.
We actually have two differnt types of stocking hangers.  Since we have three of the brass hangers, we use those for the kids' stockings and the smaller hangers are for my husband and I.

But what if you have a larger family.  How do you hang lots of stockings without having to buy more and more stocking hangers?  And by the way, the stocking hangers can be expensive.  A quick search on amazon found similar ones to what I have for $15 - $25 each.

Diane from South House Designs has come up with a simple yet elegant way to display a lot of stockings.
She just uses two stocking hangers to hold a curtain rod.  The stockings are simply hung from the curtain rod.

Be sure to check out her blog post HERE to see what her stocking display looks like.

And if you are wondering where to buy stocking hangers, you can check out my amazon store links here, here, here and here.

As for where we got ours, I don't know.  They were a gift we recieved several years ago before we even  had kids.

And here are some more great ways to display your stockings:  on an old window, a cute board, a ribbon, a tree branch, or a ladder,





Ideas were found here, here, here, here, and here.

So how do you hang your stockings?  Feel free to include a link to your blog post in the comments.

(Every Friday I share something that I like, would like to do or otherwise inspired me in some way.  I call it "Inspiration For The Weekend")

Thanks for stopping by,

Christa