I've been nominated for the Liebster Blog Award. Wow, I feel so honored. In case you don't know what the Liebster Blog Award is, it's an award given by bloggers to up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. It is to show new bloggers that they are appreciated, and to help spread the word about new blogs. It was created to promote appreciation and recognition among the blog world. Liebster translates to "dearest" (or favorite/best) in German. It is also known as the Love Blog Award.
The Lost Apron. Thanks Ana!
1. You must post 11 random things about yourself.
2. Answer the questions that the nominator set for you.
3. Create 11 questions for the people you nominate.
4. Choose 11 blogs you love (with less than 200 followers) and link them in your post.
5. No tag back (but please leave me a comment on this post with the URL to your Liebster post so I can learn more about you)!
So here are 11 random things about me:
2. I've been to Disney World 3 times. Once as a kid, once as a married couple, and once with my kids (well, 2 of them anyway).
3. My favorite color in high school and college was teal. I even did my wedding reception with that color.
4. I rode the bike portion of a triathlon a few years ago.
5. I have a degree in biochemistry.
6. I used to work for the "sweetest place on earth" (Hershey Chocolate)
7. My dream car is a Land Rover Discovery. I used to have one but it wasn't practical with the kids so we sold it. I'm planning to get one when I'm no longer toting kids around.
8. I've very particular about furniture so it takes a while to find the "perfect" piece. I'd rather built it myself, or better yet have my husband build it, but I don't have the know-how and my husband doesn't have the time, so the search continues.
9. I like things to match and to be symmetrical, but I'm trying to overcome that.
10. I love Kool Aid lemonade. I probably drink it everyday.
11. I don't really like cleaning, but I love organizing.
And here are the questions my nominator set for me to answer:
1. What is your favorite holiday tradition that your family does? I love to go pumpkin picking in the fall with our extended family. We usually go to a farm that has kids activities and a hayride.
2. What is your favorite type of exercise? Playing with my kids. I don't have any kind of exercise routine.
3. Where are you longing to travel to? Germany.
4. What is your pet peeve? I can't stand it if dirty clothes are on the floor rather than in the laundry basket.
5. Why did you decide to blog? I like to organize, decorate, and rearrange things around my house. I get inspiration from other blogs, so I thought I'd share what I do and possibly inspire others. Plus it gives me someone else to share with besides my husband who gets tired of hearing me talk about home decor plans.
6. What is a special skill that you have? I'm a great planner. I don't always follow through, but I like to plan.
7. What is your favorite pastime? Pinterest
8. What is the one thing you do differently than your mom? I don't really collect anything.
9. What is one of your time wasters? Pinterest
10. What was your favorite comment on your blog about? I wrote about how I got rid of the furniture in my breakfast room and wanted to turn that space into something more functional for our family. And Christine from Decorum DIYer offered to do a moodboard for me. It felt good to know that not only does someone read my blog but they want to help me.
11. What have you made (created) that you are most proud of? I created a littlest pet shop house for my daughter from a $1 yard sale shelf.
Here are questions for those I nominate to answer:
1. Why do you blog?
2. What's your favorite past time?
3. If you could change one thing about your home, what would it be?
4. If you have kids: How many and what are their ages?
5. Any new year's resolutions/goals?
6. What is your favorite holiday tradition?
7. What was your favorite subject in school/college?
8. What's your favorite blog post or topic?
9. Where do you like to go or what do you like to do on vacation?
10. What is your favorite flavor of ice cream?
11. What is your favorite children's book/movie?
And here are the 11 blogs that I nominate:
Beneath the magnolias
Family home and life
Tales of the Scotts
The sunshine moms
The turquoise home
Rainbows and honeysuckle
Design till it shines
Crafty teacher lady
Note to nominees: Please leave me a comment with your post so I can read up on you. Also link back to this post on your blog. (Please do not be offended if you have more than 200 followers.)
Thanks for stopping by,