Click below to shop amazon and support my blog. Thank you!

Friday, April 12, 2013

Organizing Way Too Many Crayons

The weather this week has been beautiful.  The Babes just loves playing outside while the older two are in school.

While she takes the time to stop and smell the flowers, I try to organize and reorganize.

The desk in our kitchen houses the kids' art supplies.  All writing utensils have been moved from the drawers to the cabinets to keep them out of the Babes' reach and to keep my walls graffiti free.


This made me realize just how many crayons we have.  
So I sorted them by color (because I'm crazy like that), and put together several boxes with the basic colors in them.




I got two of these little crayon boxes at a yard sale a few years ago and just love them.




These small boxes would stay in the kitchen while the overflow of crayons would be stored in the basement.
I have an organizer full of extra arts and craft supplies down there and each drawer is labeled.


So now the cabinet looks like this with all the colored pencils and crayons to the right.


The only problem is the pen and pencil storage.  Having them in that upright basket wasn't working out.  I even tried the basket on it's side but that didn't work out either.  So after a few months, I finally got around to better organizing that too.


I used a storage bin I already had and labeled each drawer.


Now I don't have to worry about knocking over the basket when I'm trying to get out a pen.  I'm really liking this vertical storage bin and thinking where else can I use this system.

Thanks for stopping by,
Christa