Click below to shop amazon and support my blog. Thank you!

Sunday, December 8, 2013

Why We Give Gifts At Christmas FHE

For the month of December, our Family Home Evening lessons will be focused on Christ.
The older kids know Christmas is about celebrating the birth of our Savior and not just getting presents, but I'm not sure the Babes understands.  The other day she said at Christmas she'll say Happy Birthday Santa.

I found this great talk from FHE Lessons  on why we give gifts at Christmas.  You can read the whole thing HERE.


Our Family Home Evenings have to be short, otherwise the Babes runs off to play and the Spencinator just can't control himself any longer.  So we'll be reading a portion of the talk each week and watching a video to reinforce the message.

Last week we read about the First Gift of Christmas which was God's gift of his Son to us.
We also read about the gifts from the Wise Men and what the Gold, Frankincense and Myrrh represent.

Then I could see the kids were getting antsy so I asked them to think about what gift they could give the Savior and next week we'll talk about that.  Then we watched this cute video, you can click HERE to watch it, it's less than 4 minutes and my kids loved the ending.






I would love for you to follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, and Pinterest.