Click below to shop amazon and support my blog. Thank you!

Friday, January 31, 2014

Irony in the Bathroom

So a few months ago, I painted the kids' bathroom.  I haven't blogged about it because I'm not done with the room yet.  However, I realized if I wanted until the room was 'done', I might never blog about it.  

Here are the before pictures.  The walls and ceiling were white, just flat white paint that was there since the house was built 11 years ago.  I did find a shower curtain and towels to match that I thought looked nice.  Even though this was the kid's bathroom, we didn't want it to look childish.  As much as I'd love to redecorate every couple of years, I don't.  So this was something the kids would grow into and I wouldn't ever have to change it, or so I thought.


We already had this picture and it also went well with the shower curtain.  In fact it matched perfectly.  I don't know if you can tell, but I like things to match and take great effort to make sure they do.
 

So now all the room needed was to be painted.  The flat paint wasn't holding up in the bathroom so I opted for a more durable finish (I think we got satin, or maybe it was eggshell?).  After browsing through numerous paint swatches I finally found the perfect shade to match the existing shower curtain.  It matched the lightest blue color perfectly.  It was called 'Ghost Ship'.  It should have been called 'Irony'.  Because the thing is, once I painted the entire room (walls and ceiling) the paint did not match the shower curtain.  Something about the lighting in that room makes the paint look like a pale powder blue color.  I was going for a light blue/gray color.  It's hard to tell in the pictures, but trust me, it doesn't look right.  




Needless to say I am unhappy with it and rather than paint again (I'm not a fan of painting), I am on a quest to find a shower curtain, towels and pictures to match the paint.  Although I don't want to get new towels so I'm trying to work with the tan towels I have, hoping if I find the right picture, it will tie it all together.  I've been needing a picture above the toilet anyway but just haven't found the right one yet.  If and when I do, I'll be back to show off the finished room.


Subscribe to CONTROLLING Craziness and get my blog updates via email. Don't miss anymore posts:       http://feedburner.google.com/fb/a/mailverify?uri=ControllingCraziness  

And don't forget to follow me on FacebookTwitterGoogle+, and Pinterest.