1. flowers and chocolates are traditional gifts
2. jewelry, maybe a mother's ring or necklace
3. her favorite perfume, lotion, makeup or powder
4. gift certificate for a spa treatment such as hair, nails, massage
5. gift certificate for her favorite restaurant, or take her out to dinner
6. movie or theater tickets
7. framed picture of your family, or set up a session for a photo shoot that includes her
8. something that relates to a hobby of hers (gardening, sewing, scrapbooking, walking, dancing, traveling...)
Delightful Order came up with this cute idea. I love the seed packet holders, they read "a mother plants seeds of LOVE, HOPE, JOY!"
Extreme Domestication just mod podged some photos onto wood blocks to create this beautiful and easy gift.
Mom's love photos of their kids and Grandmom's love photos of their grandkids. So making a gift using photos of your kids is a great idea. Kim from The Inadvertent Farmer made this photo project.
Here is my most popular posts for Mother's Day, it's what I made for my mom and mother in law two years ago. You can find the full post HERE.
Printables make a quick and easy gift. For loads of ideas, check out THIS site. Just print and place in a frame. I'm wondering if you could change the colors to match your Mom's decor. Or paint the frame the same bold color as that of the letters.
Check out this printable from Holday Snobs
Courtney from A Diamond in the Stuff has some great DIY Mother's Day gift ideas such as personalized flower pots, coasters and pin cushions. Check it out over at her blog HERE.
Brilliant Beginnings preschool made this cute Mother's Day card.
A Day In My Life has created this Father's day card, but I think it would work just as well for Mother's day.
Here's a custom newspaper from MarthaStewart.com that the kids can color and fill in the blanks to make mom feel extra special.
Amy at Our Daily Obsessions received this cute poem for Mother's Day last year.
Here's a simple and quick Mother's Day bouquet from The Trendy Treehouse:
While all of these gifts are nice, what Mom really wants is you. So be sure you take the time to visit her or call her.
Subscribe to CONTROLLING Craziness and get my blog updates via email. Don't miss anymore posts, click HERE to get email updates.