Click below to shop amazon and support my blog. Thank you!

Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Mermaid Blanket

The Babes has been into mermaids for almost a year now.  So I decided to help her in her desire to become a mermaid by making her this mermaid blanket.


I turned to Pinterest for ideas.  I found lots of crocheted mermaid blankets but since I don't know how to crochet, I opted for an easier method.  This blanket was made using fleece material.  My daughter said she wanted to be a rainbow mermaid and we lucked out finding this rainbow scalloped fabric at the store.  I cut it into a mermaid tail shape and sewed up the sides forming a long tube.


For the top of the mermaid blanket, I folded over the top of the fabric and sewed it up leaving a hole to insert more fabric so it would puff out.



For the tail part of the mermaid blanket, I used coordinating fabric cut into a fin shape.  I sewed the two fin pieces together leaving the top open so I could stuff it with additional fleece for a puffy tail.  Once the tail was stuffed, I sewed it shut and then sewed it to the bottom of the 'tube' part.
  

And voila!  A mermaid blanket.  I made it long so my daughter could use it for a couple of years.



 Here she is trying it out.  


And here she is acting like a mermaid.  


I figure this will be great for her to snuggle in while watching a movie or reading a book on the couch.






Subscribe to CONTROLLING Craziness and get my blog updates via email.   Don't miss anymore posts, click HERE to get email updates.


And don't forget to follow me on FacebookTwitterGoogle+, and Pinterest.