Click below to shop amazon and support my blog. Thank you!

Thursday, October 22, 2015

Ghost and Pumpkin Felt Faces

Halloween is over a week away and we've already begun the festivities.  I mentioned earlier about our Pumpkin Picking Adventures, the Halloween Activities we did at home, and the Halloween Mix I made.  We've also gone to a Halloween party at the local fire hall, and a Halloween parade.  We have yet to do Trunk or Treating and Trick or Treating - those will happen next week.  Halloween is right up there with Christmas as far as all the activities/parties to attend, crafts you can make and food you can eat.  And that is just fine with me.  I love any excuse to get crafty with the kids and go out to parties.

Here's the latest crafty thing I whipped up for the Halloween season:



I actually used this very old felt wall hanging kit.  I figured I was never going to make the wall hanging, but could upcycle the felt pieces.



I cut out a ghost shape with the white felt, then cut out two sets of eyes and two mouths with the black felt.  This way my little kids can create different ghost faces.



I did the same thing with the orange felt, but this time I made three sets of faces for the pumpkin.



I'm already thinking ahead for next Halloween, I could use this for a 'pin the face' on the pumpkin activity.

Speaking of planning ahead, I've got some felt crafts I want to make for this Christmas.  Whether I'll actually get around to it is another story, but I'm one step closer than I was last year since I already have the felt.  

I've wanted to make a felt Christmas tree for my youngest daughter who is now 5.  She's probably too old to have her own, but I'm sure she'd love to help my 1 year old decorate the tree.  My older kids would probably love to help decorate this tree too, now that I think about it.

Here's one way to do it.
What a great tree idea for kids!  They can decorate this over and over again!:
You can get the details on how to make this tree HERE.

And here's another version.  You can find the details HERE.




Subscribe to CONTROLLING Craziness and get my blog updates via email.   Don't miss anymore posts, click HERE to get email updates.


And don't forget to follow me on FacebookTwitterGoogle+, and Pinterest.