Click below to shop amazon and support my blog. Thank you!

Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Pineapple Pecan Cake

Our little guy turned 1 earlier this week.  Can't believe how big he's gotten.  He is such a smiley baby and good for the camera (most of the time).  I took pictures every week so I could see how he grew, but rather than try to make one big collage of 52 pictures, I simplified and just did 12 (one per month).


As I mentioned in my last post, we had a triple family birthday party since three of our kids have birthdays within three weeks of each other.  So we actually celebrated my son's birthday a week early.  Of course, we couldn't let his real birthday go by without some sort of celebration.  We'd had lots of chocolate celebrating the previous birthdays so I opted to make a 'healthier' cake, a pineapple pecan cake.  I divided the batter in half and made two little cakes, leaving out the pecans in the cake for the kids.  I guess you could just call that one a pineapple cake.  

I used one of those spray cans of icing and tried to draw a "1" on it.  It turned out pretty bad, I'm blaming the tip and not my amateur cake decorating skills.  Luckily my husband came to the rescue and outlined the "1" so it didn't look so bad.  


Regardless of what it looked like, our son loved it.  Of course there's not much he won't eat.


In case you are wondering how to make this deliciously easy cake, here's the recipe.

Pineapple Pecan Cake

2 cups flour
2 cups sugar
2 tablespoons baking soda
2 eggs
1 can crushed pineapple, undrained
1 cup chopped pecans (optional).

Combine the first 5 ingredients, mixing well.  Add the pecans.  Pour into ungreased 13.9.2 pan and bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.


It tastes good by itself, or you can add some cream cheese icing.  The icing is also pretty easy to make:
1/2 cup butter
1 package of cream cheese
1 1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla
Mix well and spread onto cake.

I have to thank my mother in law for sharing this recipe with me.  It's easy to make and tastes great.


Subscribe to CONTROLLING Craziness and get my blog updates via email.   Don't miss anymore posts, click HERE to get email updates.


And don't forget to follow me on FacebookTwitterGoogle+, and Pinterest.