Click below to shop amazon and support my blog. Thank you!

Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Pumpkin Picking

If you follow me on Facebook, I gave you a sneak peek of what we did yesterday when the kids had off school.  But before I get to that, I'll share what we did on Saturday.

We have a fall tradition of going pumpkin picking.  I like to go to different places since each place has something different to offer.  This year we went to Fields of Adventure in Aspers PA.  Since I have little kids and big kids, I like to find a place that can accommodate both.  Fields of Adventure advertised a zip line which I thought the bigger kids (and adults) would love.  Unfortunately we didn't time things right and weren't able to do the zip line (we should have gone there first), but we still had lots of fun.

There were several playground type things for the kids to climb on, over and under.



There was pumpkin bowling, corn hole toss and a small petting zoo. 



There were two slides.  One was just on the side of a hill, and the other one was a very long tube slide that went underground.



Of course there was a corn maze and a tractor ride out to the pumpkin field to pick the perfect pumpkin.


There were a few other things that we did too.  All in all we spent about three hours there and wore the kids out.

The kids look forward to this fall tradition every year.  We also try to get grandparents involved, and this year some cousins came with us too.  I think it's important to have family traditions and to create lasting memories with the kids.  It helps keep families together, creates happier relationships and closer family bonds.  I know look forward to these things just as much as the kids do.



Subscribe to CONTROLLING Craziness and get my blog updates via email.   Don't miss anymore posts, click HERE to get email updates.


And don't forget to follow me on FacebookTwitterGoogle+, and Pinterest.