Click below to shop amazon and support my blog. Thank you!

Monday, May 15, 2017

Customizing Your Grill and THE BEST Marinade Recipe

Hope you all had a wonderful Mother's Day.  My whole weekend was wonderful thanks to my amazing husband.  He took the boys for most of the day Saturday which left me with time to organize, something I can't do with a toddler around.  I even had time to read a book.  Seriously, I could get used to this.  On Sunday my oldest daughter made me (and everyone else) breakfast.  My husband gave a heart warming talk about mothers in church and then we visited with family.  The weather was perfect,  not too hot and not to chilly.  We got to eat outside and watch the kids play.  Life is good, very, very good.  

Speaking of warmer weather and eating outside, I love to cook on the grill.  It just adds more flavor to your meats.  But not all grills are made the same.  What if your grill doesn't come with a convenient place to store your grill accessories such as the tongs, spatula and grill brush?  Whether you want to store them outside all summer, or just while you are cooking on the grill, we've come up with a quick and easy solution. 

We just used a Dremel to create slots for those accessories to hang from.    


In no time at all my handy hubby made three slots to store those grilling utensils.



We usually keep our grilling stuff inside but when we are cooking, it's handy to have it right where we need it.  No more sitting them on the grill and getting it dirty. 



We love to cook chicken on the grill and have THE BEST marinade recipe.  
It tastes great on burgers too.  Usually when we make it, we don't even measure out the ingredients and it turns out great no matter what.

Here's the recipe so you can try it out yourselves.  Happy Grilling!


THE BEST Marinade Recipe:

1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 tsp garlic salt
3/4 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
2 tbsp mustard
1 tbsp black pepper
1/2 cup vinegar
1 1/2 tsp dried parsley 
1/3 cup lemon juice




Subscribe to CONTROLLING Craziness and get my blog updates via email.   Don't miss anymore posts, click HERE to get email updates.


And don't forget to follow me on FacebookTwitterGoogle+, and Pinterest.