Click below to shop amazon and support my blog. Thank you!

Monday, June 5, 2017

Personalized Teacher Pencil

The end of the school year also means giving out teacher gifts.  I stop giving teacher gifts once the kids get into middle school and have a different teacher for each subject.  So just as one kid left elementary school last year, another one started, and the way my kids are spaced out, I'll be doing this for another 9 years.  Good thing there are lots of ideas on Pinterest.  Because I like to put some thought into what I get the teachers rather than just buy them a gift card to Target, that "thought" usually requires me to make something and this year is no exception.  With a little help from Pinterest, here's what my kindergartner is giving her teacher this year:



As luck would have it, I just so happened to have a piece of wood laying around.  It was roughly 9 inches long by 3.5 inches wide and an inch thick. 



The next step was to mark how I wanted it cut, cut it and then sand the rough edges.


I painted the middle section yellow.  I also did the sides and back.


Then I added some pink for the eraser and light brown for the sharpened pencil end.


Black paint was used for the tip and silver duct tape was used for the metal eraser holding part.


Using my Silhouette Cameo, I cut some vinyl and applied the teacher's name to the wooden pencil.


It turned out so cute and really didn't take me that long to make.  This was one project that I was able to complete in a day.


In case you are wondering, my inspiration came from the JM Designs Etsy shop.
Personalized giant pencil teacher desk name plate by JMDesigns362:
These pencils are cute and if you don't feel like making your own, you could always buy one.


You can check out previous years teacher gifts below if you are looking for more ideas:








And if you're looking for ideas on how to celebrate the last day of school, check out MY PREVIOUS POST.




Subscribe to CONTROLLING Craziness and get my blog updates via email.   Don't miss anymore posts, click HERE to get email updates.

And don't forget to follow me on FacebookTwitterGoogle+, and Pinterest.