Click below to shop amazon and support my blog. Thank you!

Tuesday, December 12, 2017

The Christmas Towel and #LightTheWorld

Several years ago I received one of these Christmas towels as a gift.   They are just white tea towels with the word Service embroidered on them and a little story attached.  Although I've never used mine as a towel, I enjoy reading the story each year as I unpack it from my Christmas decor box.




I thought they'd make a cute gift, and perfect for this time of year reminding us of our Savior in the everyday acts of service we do.

Here's my version.  I don't know how to embroider so I omitted that step and used a festive red towel instead. 




I love how a useful everyday object now has deeper meaning because of the story.  These would make great gifts for neighbors, friends, or large church groups.


If you are looking for more ways to serve this Christmas season, check out the Light The World campaign from Mormon.org  There are 25 ways to serve over the 25 days leading up to Christmas.  Each day there is a short video, a scripture and a challenge to serve.  We've been watching the videos each night and trying to be more mindful of serving others this holiday season.  It's a great way to remember Jesus which is what Christmas is truly about.



You can download the calendar which has each day's scripture HERE.
And if you're looking for how to apply these ideas for families, teens or little kids, check out THIS POST or THIS ONE.  Thanks to Emilie of A Year Of FHE for putting these together.  If you need FHE ideas, she's got you covered so be sure to check out her entire site.  


Subscribe to CONTROLLING Craziness and get my blog updates via email.   Don't miss anymore posts, click HERE to get email updates.