Click below to shop amazon and support my blog. Thank you!

Tuesday, December 11, 2018

Cupcake Christmas Tree


Sunday we hosted an activity at our house for the youth of our church.  And since it's close to Christmas, I decided to make a Christmas themed treat.  Here is my version of a mini cupcake Christmas Tree.


Of course I got my inspiration from Pinterest, and naturally my version isn't nearly as Pintastic as the ones below, but hey, at least you could tell it was a Christmas tree and it tasted good.  

source

I didn't get nearly as fancy with my tree decorating, mostly because I only had sprinkles on hand to decorate with.  I did use the spray can of frosting with the different tips so that made icing the cupcakes easier.

source

For the past couple of years the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints has done a Light The World initiative at Christmas time.  





I love this idea, as it helps put the focus on Christ this Christmas season.  It helps us to remember Him, how He served and loved others, and how we can do the same.  

This year, each week in December is focused on a different way to serve. 

Week 1:  Light the World Jesus’s love knew no bounds. Discover ways to help someone in another part of the world.

Week 2:  Light your community - Needs exist all around us – some are just a little closer to home. Make the world a better place, starting in your own community.

Week 3:  Light your family At the busiest time of the year, fill your home with light by serving those closest to you.

Week 4:  Light your faith - By following the Light of the World, your faith in Jesus Christ will grow brighter and brighter.

Click on each week's link to watch a short video and find out ways you can #LightTheWorld.


Merry Christmas!

Subscribe to CONTROLLING Craziness and get my blog updates via email.   Don't miss anymore posts, click HERE to get email updates.

And don't forget to follow me on FacebookTwitterGoogle+, and Pinterest.