Click below to shop amazon and support my blog. Thank you!

Tuesday, May 21, 2019

Bunkie Board Makeovers


Since we moved 9 months ago (has it been that long already!), my girls no longer share a bedroom which means the bunk beds have been un-bunked, or should it be de-bunked?  Whatever the case, we no longer have bunk beds.  But.... when we did, I wanted to do a little makeover to the bunkie board of the top bunk which is what you see when you are on the bottom bunk.  Obviously I never got around to that.  Tell me I'm not the only one who takes years to do a project?

The easiest thing to do with the supplies I had on hand would have been to paint it.  My older daughter loves to paint and I was going to let her have at it.  We talked about painting some kind of sky scene so my younger daughter who slept on the bottom bunk would have feel like she's sleeping outside.


I couldn't find any painted bunkie boards on Pinterest, but did find several other ideas.  Here's some coordinating fabric wrapped around the top bunkie board for a custom look:

source

source

Or how about adding some lighting:

source

You could always go with curtains for fun and privacy:

source

While it is easiest to put curtains on the bottom bunk, the top bunk can get them too:


Anyone else fancy up the bunkie board of their bunk beds?  I'd love to see your ideas.




Subscribe to CONTROLLING Craziness and get my blog updates via email.   Don't miss anymore posts, click HERE to get email updates.

And don't forget to follow me on FacebookTwitterGoogle+, and Pinterest.