Click below to shop amazon and support my blog. Thank you!

Monday, June 17, 2019

Garage Door Makeover for under $12


Since moving into our new home almost 10 months ago, we have made a couple of changes.  One of the easiest and cheapest was to give our garage door a little makeover.  



I thought our garage door looked a bit plain and could use a little something to dress it up. 


It's a 2 car garage door so it's wide plus all that white = boring.


A quick Pinterest search and I discovered you could add some hardware like handles and hinges to dress it up.  
(P.S.  I'm also eyeing up some new bigger and darker outdoor lights to add more contrast and interest.  Those little silver lights just aren't doing it for me.  You know how one project leads to another, right.)


And the best part, they were magnetic.  No need to drill holes or screw anything into the garage door itself.  Doesn't get any easier than that.  


The even better part, was that they were just under $12!  I couldn't buy them fast enough.  I love how they add a bit of interest to an otherwise boring expanse of white.



Here's the link so you can dress up your garage doors too!




(Update:  We've had them on our garage door for a few weeks now and there have been no issues.  They have stayed put through the wind and rain and with the door being opened and closed.  I would suggest not letting your little ones see you put them on.  My 4 year old knows they are magnetic so every once in a while I notice the handles have been moved.  Luckily it's an easy fix to put back into place.)





Subscribe to CONTROLLING Craziness and get my blog updates via email.   Don't miss anymore posts, click HERE to get email updates.

And don't forget to follow me on FacebookTwitterGoogle+, and Pinterest.