Click below to shop amazon and support my blog. Thank you!

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Another Flower Bed Done!

We had this very week infested flower bed on the west side of the patio.  And I have finally tackled it.
Here is what it looked like before:

click below to find out how much better it looks like now.

 Lots of weeds.   Some are already dead because I sprayed them a couple of weeks ago when I started this whole flower bed project.


The first thing I did was to prune that butterfly bush.  I also pruned the rose bush and dug out that dead bush.
Then I transplanted the bush hiding in the back since you couldn't see him anyway.  I moved him over the the patio flower beds where there was some empty space.

The Babes helped:


Here's what it looked like before I added that bush:

and after:


I think it helps to balance things out.

OK, back to that west patio flower bed.  After all the pruning, weeding and digging of bushes was done, it looked like this:


 I also added a couple of hostas to fill in some gaps.
And I sprinkled on a generous portion of Preen to help prevent weeds from growing.

One more before and after:
What a difference.  I am loving it.  Only one more flower bed to go!









linking up to:
http://www.houseofhepworths.com
www.livelaughrowe.com