Click below to shop amazon and support my blog. Thank you!

Friday, October 25, 2013

Trunk or Treat - Pet Shop edition

Wednesday night was our church's Trunk or Treat.  This year I did a really simple and easy theme using stuff we already had.



I just rounded up all of our stuffed animal dogs, cats, a bunny and some Zhu Zhu pets for hamsters.  Here's what it looked like stuffed into the back of our van.   

Sweetie Pie made a couple of signs.  One for each side of the car and one for the trunk.

I used a big red bowl as a dog dish filled with our candy.

Here are the kids ready to go.  In case you can't tell we have a lion, Darth Vader and a pretty witch.

Even I dressed up for the event.  I just threw together some costume stuff and decided I was going as the ring leader.
 

 Once we got to the church parking lot, I arranged everything on a blanket in the back of our van.  I threw in some balls, and added a few details like a ball of yarn for the cats to play with, a few dog accessories we had, oh and Ariel's fish in a glass bowl.  We hung up the Pet Shop signs Sweetie Pie made and I was done.   Earlier in the day I downloaded the song "How Much is That Doggie in the Window" and had that playing continuously throughout the event. 






I thought it looked really cute.  Apparently I wasn't the only one to think that, so did the judges, we one a prize too.  This was super easy to put together and required very little preparation.  I'll have more to come about the awards and the other decorated trunks, so check back early next week.

To see what we did last year check out THIS post.  For more trunk or treat ideas, click HERE.





I would love for you to follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, and Pinterest.