Click below to shop amazon and support my blog. Thank you!

Friday, October 30, 2015

Trunk or Treat 2015


Wednesday night our church held it's annual Trunk or Treat.  It had been raining all day so the activity was held inside.  So rather than decorating a trunk, you could decorate a classroom.  There were some cute ideas and a lot of people put a lot of time and effort into their decorations.  At the end of the evening the winners were announced and 1st place went to the McDonald's themed "trunk".  This sister went all out.  The treats were even passed out in French fry containers. 



This next "trunk" didn't win, but I thought it was so cute, a 50's style diner.



The awards for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place were coffins filled with candy.



We didn't decorate like we had in years past, although I had an idea of what I wanted to do, just didn't have the time.  The girls are taking tap dance lessons and we had to leave their lesson early in order to make it to the church in time for the activity.  But, in case you are wondering what I would have done, I set it up at home just for fun.  

A Mini Drive In Movie

I just used some Hot Wheels cars we had and our portable DVD player.  I was even going to have a movie playing.

Of course when my little guy woke up from his nap and found all these cars on the floor, he couldn't resist.  It was like those really old and really bad horror movies where a giant baby comes along and starts picking up the cars.  Then he sat on the cars and knocked over the movie screen. 
The aftermath.


OK, now back to this year's Trunk or Treat.  Besides going from room to room and collecting candy, the kids all met up in the gym where several carnival type games were set up.


There was "Pin the Nose on the Witch", a Ring Toss, a Bean Bag Toss, 



a Knock over the Tin Can game and a Candy Corn craft.


While the older kids went from game to game, my littlest one was happy to sit and eat his candy.  And by eat his candy I mean just suck on the wrapper until a tiny hole is formed and he can suck out all the chocolate.  Seriously, that's what he did.  At least it was a pretty mess free way to eat.

The event was a great success with lots to keep the kids busy.  We've been doing Trunk or Treat for several years and each year it's different.  I'm already looking forward to next year's Trunk or Treat.  If you are looking for more ideas, here are the links for previous Trunk or Treating Activities:  2014, 2013, 2012.



Subscribe to CONTROLLING Craziness and get my blog updates via email.   Don't miss anymore posts, click HERE to get email updates.


And don't forget to follow me on FacebookTwitterGoogle+, and Pinterest.