Click below to shop amazon and support my blog. Thank you!

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Matching Skirts

Last week I mentioned I was making matching skirts for the girls HERE and got them almost done.  Just needed some more elastic. 



Well, I got the elastic and finished the skirts.
I hemmed up the top leaving an opening large enough to thread the elastic through.


Once the elastic was threaded all the way through, I overlapped it about an inch and sewed it a bunch of times to make sure it wasn't going to come undone.


Then I sewed the small opening closed and the skirt was finished.


Here are the girls modeling them:



The skirts are plenty long for both of the girls so I am hoping they can wear it next year too.
I couldn't believe how simple this was and the fact that I completed the whole project in less than a week was even better.