Click below to shop amazon and support my blog. Thank you!

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

The Last Of The Flower Beds

OK, here it is, the final flower bed.
Here is what it looked like before:

 and after:



another after shot:

Before from a different angle:
 and after:


Since this flower bed was small and didn't take all that long to weed and lay down the mulch, I was also able to plant some bushes in the front flower bed to replace the dead ones that were dug out.
Here's a before shot of the flower beds with the bushes still alive, after we just moved in about five years ago:

The two bushes on the ends grew twice as tall and started leaning over the sidewalk.  Finally they died after one was ripped out of the ground during a storm. 

Here is how it looked after we dug them out:

I bought a little, and I do mean little, Dwarf Albeta Spruce tree.  I didn't want anything that was going to grow 6 feet tall like the last tree since I didn't want it to lean toward the sidewalk again.  It was only $3.98 at Lowes. 
 I knew it looked small, but didn't realize how small it would look once I planted it.
Can you even see them planted in the after shot below?
 Here's a closer look:
 They will grow and in another year or two will look perfect for that spot.

Now all I have to do are some finishing touches like weeding again, and putting on a final top layer of mulch everywhere since I do have a lot of mulch left.  Then I'll be back with the big reveal.