Click below to shop amazon and support my blog. Thank you!

Monday, December 3, 2012

Breakfast Room MoodBoard

Happy December!  We've got our tree up and have started having some type of Christmas devotional each night.  I'll post about those later, but first, I am so excited to show you the moodboards for my breakfast room.

Remember a few weeks ago when I mentioned that I cleared out my breakfast room.
Well, I'm still working on turning it into a more functional room for our family.

You can read this post to find out more about the unused breakfast room.
Since we didn't eat in there, I sold the table and chairs (that I never liked anyway) and wanted to turn the room into something more functional.  A playroom / reading room / sun room combination seemed to be the direction I was heading.  I put a lot of the Babes' toys into the room to visualize how it might look as a playroom.  Here is what it looks like after I carefully lined the toys around the perimeter of the room and then the kids played.
Oh and I placed a table in the center of the room since the light fixture hangs so low we hit our heads on it.  Yes, we need to get one of those S hook things and raise up the light.  Until then, the table is there to prevent head injuries.  I also put a chair in the corner to cozy things up a bit.
What do you think?  Crazy, huh.  A cozy cluttered playroom was not what I had in mind.
It needs more sophistication since this room is visible from the kitchen and dining room, and I wanted it to be able to grow with our family.  It won't always be lined with toys.  Hmmm, what to do?

Well, Christine over at Decorum DIYer was kind enough to create not one but two moodboards for my breakfast room.

Be sure to check out her blog post dedicated to turning my breakfast room into a "functional, yet sophisticated playroom/reading room."   She has a lot of great ideas and suggestions for what to include in the room using craigslist.

Thanks so much for helping me with this space, Christine!

So I'll be checking out craigslist to find some things like wood blinds, and furniture.  Maybe I'll DIY something.  Oh and I can't wait for yard sales to start up again next year to see what else I can find for this room.  My goal is to have it completed by this time next year.

Anyone else redoing a room from scratch?  Where do you start?  I am trying to find the big things first, like the furniture so I know what I have to work around and what colors I have to work with.

Thanks for stopping by,
Christa