Click below to shop amazon and support my blog. Thank you!

Wednesday, March 18, 2015

St. Patrick's Day Surprise Cake

My sister in law and her two little girls were visiting last week so I decided to make a St. Patrick's Day surprise cake while they were here.


I just baked two round cakes as normal.  In one of the cakes, I cut out a hole being sure not to go all the way through the bottom.  Then I added the M&M's and frosted it.

I added the second layer of cake on top and frosted that too.

Then I used the M&M's to make a rainbow.  I should have started with the purple, but luckily I didn't have to smoosh things around too much to get all the colors to fit.  Then I added some green M&M's so it would look like clovers, you know to make it more St. Patrick's Day themed.

The kids were surprised to find a 'treasure' inside.

We had deviled eggs with that same dinner and I added green food coloring to the yolks just to make dinner more festive.


We didn't actually do much on St. Patrick's Day, I even forgot to remind the kids to wear green.  At least the house was decorated with the crafts we made two weeks ago.  You can click HERE and HERE to find out more about the projects below.




Subscribe to CONTROLLING Craziness and get my blog updates via email.   Don't miss anymore posts, click HERE to get email updates.

And don't forget to follow me on FacebookTwitterGoogle+, and Pinterest.