Click below to shop amazon and support my blog. Thank you!

Thursday, October 27, 2016

Fall Fun


I love fall, and fall in Pennsylvania does not disappoint.  It is just beautiful with the change of colors and the cooler weather.  There are lots of fun fall activities to do and it feels great to be outside, not too hot and not too cold.  



This year we went to Indian Echo Caverns for their Fall Festival.  

There were goats to pet, a corn box to play in, geodes to smash, tractors to ride, and a lot more.


  

While we were there, we also went to the pumpkin patch to pick out pumpkins.

Here are the girls scooping the seeds and gunk out of their pumpkins.

We thought we'd try something new this year and roast the pumpkin seeds.  After scooping out the seeds, I cleaned them and put them in a bowl with some melted butter, cinnamon and sugar.  After researching some recipes on Pinterest I thought baking at 300 for 40 minutes would be good.  Turns out that is too long so our seeds tasted more like burnt popcorn.  They were not flavorful at all and if we attempt this again (which I don't think we will), I'd bake them for half the time and add a lot more cinnamon and sugar.

The girls drew the faces on the pumpkins and I cut them out.  

So now our front porch looks like this.  The boys have yet to paint or carve their pumpkins, and I hope to get to that before Halloween.

We also went to a state park one windy Saturday afternoon.  Playing inside the kids can fight, but playing outside, they were great together.  There is just something about playing outside in nature that helps kids bond with one another. 

A few more pictures of what a beautiful day it was.



While at the park, the kids collected lots of acorns.  The girls decided to paint some of them.  I think the gold acorns and glittery tops turned out the best.

I'm not up on the different hunting seasons.  All I know is when we start to see pheasants in our yard, it must be pheasant season.  The other day, we saw 6 pheasants out back.  I could only get a picture of 5 of them as the leader of the pack was too fast and ran out of view before I could snap this picture. 


What do you enjoy most about fall?  What activities do you do with your kids?



Subscribe to CONTROLLING Craziness and get my blog updates via email.   Don't miss anymore posts, click HERE to get email updates.


And don't forget to follow me on FacebookTwitterGoogle+, and Pinterest.