Click below to shop amazon and support my blog. Thank you!

Friday, October 28, 2016

Trunk or Treat 2016

This year for our church's Trunk or Treat, we decorated our trunk as Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory.


I still can't believe we came up with the idea and made all the decorations the night before.  My oldest daughter and I started brainstorming when she got home from school on Tuesday.  I reminded her that Wednesday is the Trunk or Treat so if we wanted to decorate our car, we need to figure it out now.  She rattled off a few ideas and then I added that I didn't want to go to the store to buy anything so let's use what we have.  Our process changed from thinking of a theme for our trunk to what can we use.  She suggested the big blue bean bag and that it looks like the girl who turned into a blueberry from Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory.  So we ran with the idea from there.  I tried to add a little scene with each of the kids who toured the factory.  


Augustus Gloop, the one who fell into the chocolate river.  You can see his feet sticking out in the picture below:

Mike TeeVee is pictured here:
 

Violet Beauregarde and Veruca Salt:

Charlie and Grandpa Joe were hanging from the ceiling (sorry didn't get a good picture of that), they were floating because of the Fizzy Lifting Drinks.  My daughter even drew an Oompa Loompa.

Of course we had to have Wonka Bars.


Here are the kids dressed as a little old man (complete with miniature cane), a minion and a butterfly (it's hard to see her wings but they're there). 

The winner was this nose picking trunk.  The kids had to put their hand up the nose (which felt disgusting my daughter said) and pick their candy.  There was smoke coming out for special effect.  My 2 year old wasn't so sure about sticking his hand up the nose even with his sister's help. 


Not only did the kids get to go trick or treating at the different cars, inside were lots of fun carnival games to play.  Here my daughter and her friend are playing a sucking skittles minute to win it game and a block stacking game. 

Ring toss and bean bag toss were also fun. 

They even had face painting.  


Have you ever done a Trunk or Treat?  I'd love to hear what you decorated your trunk as so go ahead and tell me in the comments or link to your blog post.

And if you are looking for some ideas, be sure to check out previous year's Trunk or Treat ideas by clicking on the links below:





and lots more ideas HERE.



Subscribe to CONTROLLING Craziness and get my blog updates via email.   Don't miss anymore posts, click HERE to get email updates.


And don't forget to follow me on FacebookTwitterGoogle+, and Pinterest.