Thursday, March 2, 2017

How to Turn a Gift Bag into Art

I love shopping the post holiday clearance racks.  You never know what will be left so I try to think of creative ways to use what I see if I'm not planning on storing it away for next year.  I happened to be at Walmart when they had their Valentine's Day stuff for 90% off and picked up a cute gift bag.  I liked the wood grain pattern on it and thought it would make a cute piece of art.


Here's the original gift bag.  Cute enough on it's own and I could have packed it away to use for next Valentine's Day, but instead I wanted to make something out of it.


Do you see that price tag?  It was already cheap but at 90% off, that means I scored it for just .09¢.


I wanted to display it on my mantel next Valentine's Day so I thought putting it in a frame would be the easiest way to do that.  Luckily I had the perfect size frame in my stash of unused pictures and frames in the basement.


I just cut the top of the bag off, where the holes for the handles were and it fit into the frame perfectly.


It looks cute with the infinite love block I made last year.  
Click HERE to find out how I made it.



Anyone else shop the after Valentine's Day sales?  What did you pick up?


Subscribe to CONTROLLING Craziness and get my blog updates via email.   Don't miss anymore posts, click HERE to get email updates.


And don't forget to follow me on FacebookTwitterGoogle+, and Pinterest.