Click below to shop amazon and support my blog. Thank you!

Thursday, March 2, 2017

How to Turn a Gift Bag into Art

I love shopping the post holiday clearance racks.  You never know what will be left so I try to think of creative ways to use what I see if I'm not planning on storing it away for next year.  I happened to be at Walmart when they had their Valentine's Day stuff for 90% off and picked up a cute gift bag.  I liked the wood grain pattern on it and thought it would make a cute piece of art.


Here's the original gift bag.  Cute enough on it's own and I could have packed it away to use for next Valentine's Day, but instead I wanted to make something out of it.


Do you see that price tag?  It was already cheap but at 90% off, that means I scored it for just .09¢.


I wanted to display it on my mantel next Valentine's Day so I thought putting it in a frame would be the easiest way to do that.  Luckily I had the perfect size frame in my stash of unused pictures and frames in the basement.


I just cut the top of the bag off, where the holes for the handles were and it fit into the frame perfectly.


It looks cute with the infinite love block I made last year.  
Click HERE to find out how I made it.



Anyone else shop the after Valentine's Day sales?  What did you pick up?



This post has been shared on Tip Me Tuesday:  https://tipjunkie.com/tip-me-tuesday-1-15-18/


Subscribe to CONTROLLING Craziness and get my blog updates via email.   Don't miss anymore posts, click HERE to get email updates.


And don't forget to follow me on FacebookTwitterGoogle+, and Pinterest.