Click below to shop amazon and support my blog. Thank you!

Monday, October 29, 2018

Heads in a Jar Halloween Trunk or Treat


Saturday our church hosted a Trunk or Treat.  I saw this eerie Head in a Jar Halloween Decor on Bower Power  and decided that would be my theme.  You know me, I love a good theme.  So besides just having heads in a jar, I also dressed up like a mad scientist.  


It was a pretty simple theme to pull off.  First I took pictures of the kids and myself.  We laid down on the floor with a black blanket for a background.  I even fanned out the girls hair so it would look like it's floating in water.  I also squished up my face so it would look like my face was squished in the jar.  



As for the jars, I just used some mason jars I had on hand and filled them with different colored water.


Then I added the pictures to the jar.  I didn't do anything special with the pictures, just used regular photo paper and did not laminate them or anything.  I just needed this to last one night.  (FYI:  I had tested this out by putting a photo in a jar of water the week before and after a week, it still looked good.)


As for my costume, again it was easy to pull off.  I just borrowed my husbands white dress shirt to act as a lab coat.  I teased up my hair so it was pretty much sticking straight up and put on some goggles from a previous years Minion Halloween costume.  I also had some rubber gloves on.


Because it was raining, trunk or treat was held in the church.  Each person got to decorated a classroom instead of their trunk.  All the classrooms were taken so I got the kitchen which worked out perfectly.  It made it seem more like a laboratory.  I set up the heads on the metal cart with the "heads wanted" sign and a large bowl full of brains (cooked spaghetti noodled dyed a grey/purple color). 


As the kids came by to do their trick or treating, I showed them my collection of heads.  I said the heads wouldn't fit in the jars so I had to take their brains out and encouraged them to feel the freshly removed brains.  The kids loved it and my room soon drew a crowd.  

It was a fun night.  Besides the various room to go trick or treating to, there were several games for the kids to play, some face painting and even a pumpkin carving competition.  My daughter won first place for her pumpkin.  I'll have to do a post on that next.


This might have been my favorite (and easiest) trunk or treat theme so far.  If you are curious what I've done in previous years be sure to check out these themes below:






Subscribe to CONTROLLING Craziness and get my blog updates via email.   Don't miss anymore posts, click HERE to get email updates.

And don't forget to follow me on FacebookTwitterGoogle+, and Pinterest.